[Wine] Re: RtCW: GLW_StartOpenGL() issue

Thunderbird wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 20 15:51:39 CST 2011

This environment variable was meant for the Linux Nvidia OpenGL drivers. It also exists in Windows using some registry key, but I have no idea whether it exists on OSX at all. The OpenGL drivers work very differently. I doubt you can get it to work at all. Just rebuilding your stuff won't work.

There is already a mechanism to disable OpenGL extensions in Wine which could be used, but I'm not sure which have to be disabled to make Quake3 games happy. The issue itself is in the game which creates a too small buffer to handle all GL extensions, but I forgot what's happening internally again which made it fail.

I will report back on this.