[Wine] Problem to install MSI file

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 20 17:29:21 CST 2011

On 1/20/11 1:27 PM, hernan1111 wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I am brand new in this forum and i hope you can help me on this one.  :)
>
> I could install wine without problems on my ubuntu 10.04.
>
> When i am trying to install an msi file with the following command
>
> wine msiexec /i nameOfMsifile.msi
Need way more information than what is being provided to help you.

One:  What is the name of the program you are trying to install?
Two:  Does this program come with an installer that will do the msi call
for you?
Three:  What version of Wine are you using?  (hint:  Terminal -> [code]
wine - version [/code]  will get it for you.)
> i get the following error message
>
> err:msidb:load_string_table string table load failed! (00293503 != 00133503)

Looks like corruption in the string table for the msi or we are not
retrieving enough or too many strings.

James McKenzie