[Wine] Unhandled exception error on single account

stvs wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 21 00:12:17 CST 2011

I'm running into a strange problem with an unhandled exception when I run a wine command using one account, but not another(!).

I'd very much appreciate any help troubleshooting this, as I must run wine from the account with the problem. I've gone through and cross-checked environment variables and permissions, but nothing obvious pops out.

Here's wine the way it should work on the "good" account:

Code:
good$ /opt/local/bin/wine "/Library/Application Support/ETVComskip/comskip/comskip.exe" 0000000012e71eda.mpg
Comskip 0.80.039, made using:
mpeg2dec-0.4.0 - by Michel Lespinasse <walken at zoy.org> and Aaron Holtzman
The commandline used was:
"Z:\Library\Application Support\ETVComskip\comskip\comskip.exe" 0000000012e71eda.mpg

Opening 0000000012e71eda.mpg
Using Z:\Library\Application Support\ETVComskip\comskip\comskip.ini for initiation values.
Mpeg:	0000000012e71eda.mpg
Exe	Z:\Library\Application Support\ETVComskip\comskip\comskip.exe
Logo:	0000000012e71eda.logo.txt
Ini:	Z:\Library\Application Support\ETVComskip\comskip\comskip.ini
. . . . . . more goodness . . . . . .

Here's the SAME COMMAND, just run from a different account ("bad"):

Code:
bad$ /opt/local/bin/wine "/Library/Application Support/ETVComskip/comskip/comskip.exe" 0000000012e71eda.mpg
Comskip 0.80.039, made using:
mpeg2dec-0.4.0 - by Michel Lespinasse <walken at zoy.org> and Aaron Holtzman
The commandline used was:
"Z:\Library\Application Support\ETVComskip\comskip\comskip.exe" 0000000012e71eda.mpg

Opening 0000000012e71eda.mpg
Using Z:\Library\Application Support\ETVComskip\comskip\comskip.ini for initiation values.
wine: Unhandled exception 0xc000000d at address 0x32001b:0x0046159d (thread 0009), starting debugger...
bad$ Process of pid=0008 has terminated
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Modules:'
Cannot get info on module while no process is loaded
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Threads:'
process  tid      prio (all id:s are in hex)
0000000e services.exe
	00000016    0
	00000015    0
	00000014    0
	00000010    0
	0000000f    0
00000011 winedevice.exe
	00000018    0
	00000017    0
	00000013    0
	00000012    0
0000001d explorer.exe
	0000001e    0
You must be attached to a process to run this command.
No process loaded, cannot execute 'detach'

????? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as the "bad" account is the one that actually must run comskip.