[Wine] Re: Problems with FullTilt, Ubuntu 10.04 and Wine 1.3.10

Lem wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 21 08:54:01 CST 2011

Lem wrote:

> I have another system with Ubuntu 10.10 in the same LAN, and on that system the same wine version 1.3.10 keeps working well: I can connect to Full Tilt and play and everything.

LOL. Sorry guys, I don't mean to bother You all with my stuff, but let me post once again just because the situation is getting even stranger.

So: till now I could go on playing only in Ubuntu 10.10 (Wine 1.3.10 or 1.3.11). Last time I played 19/01/2010, and, since then, no upgrades, no changes have occured in my system.

A few minutes ago I started Full Tilt, I had to update the Full Tilt executable, and... ta-dah... Trying to connect / Trying to connect / Trying to connect...

I must admit it's been really disappointing: Full Tilt dropped support and compatibility towards Windows2000 (for a silly useless call to a library referring to the time display - or something like that) perhaps 8 months ago, I haven't got any other Windows release and so even Virtualbox is no more a possible solution for me. "So I'm Totally Fuc... ehm... totally locked out", I thought: "I cannot even withdraw my money. Fine!".
Don't worry: nothing to write home about, but a bit frustrating. ;)

Well, I'm not locked out! Not yet! :)
I've just discovered that I can still connect and play using Wine 1.3.11 inside an Ubuntu 10.10 guest, virtualized with Virtualbox inside my Ubuntu 10.04 desktop. Of course the virtualized 10.10 is a bit thinner than my laptop "real" 10.10, nonetheless the "Wine compartment" and the net configuration are the same.

LOL. I hope it won't get deeper than that, or the whole thing will probably drive me crazy quite soon. ;)

I'm writing just to let You know my little Odyssey, and to ask: am I the only one experimenting all this kind of stuff? Really?

Well, if so, good for You! :)
--
Bye