[Wine] Re: wine on mac os x and x11

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 23 08:59:38 CST 2011

Jon Christopher wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.  I checked out wineskin, but
> that didn't really fit the bill,
> as what I'm trying to run is a command-line program (comskip.exe, in
> fact), and I need to pass
> a command-line argument to comskip, which is the filename of the file
> to process.
>
> The windows command would be something like
>
> comskip.exe --ini="/path/to/file.ini" /path/to/recording.mpg
>
> where recording.mpg is going to vary.  This script will be invoked
> from a python script, which is
> in turn triggered by an applescript triggered from EyeTV.
>
> With wineskin, there didn't seem to be a way to alter the command line
> argument(s) from another script.

you could set the command line flags to be what you want... but if they change all the time it would be a problem.  You'd have to have your python script edit the Wineskin wrapper Info.plist on the Program Flags line to be what you wanted, then have the python script just run the app.  Luckily if you needed to edit the Info.plist from another script it should work, its a simple string entry for all command line arguments... and just takes python editing a text file.