[Wine] name resolution does not work under amd64

alximik wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 23 10:12:29 CST 2011

Hi.

After a couple of updates my dns resolution stopped working.
I have lib32nss-mdns installed and i'm using launchpad wine packages.

i've compiled (via winegcc -m32 ) a simple c source to check this. if host is not in hosts file, then gethostbyname() always fails. Firefox under wine tells "Server not found".

looking through strace ouput i can see, than program first tries libnss_file and look through my hosts file:

Code:

open("/lib32/libnss_files.so.2", O_RDONLY) = 10
<...>
open("/etc/hosts", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC)  = 10

then tries libnss_dns.so:

Code:

open("/usr/bin/../lib32/libnss_dns.so.2", O_RDONLY) = 10

after that i expected it to make "connect()" to dns servers, but it does not.

tcpdump does not  register any packets to dns server either.

i've searched bug trackers, but i didn't find anything similar.

full strace output: http://paste.org.ru/?uzd86l

$ wine --version
wine-1.3.1

i don't know how to debug such problems.  I'd appreciate any help here.  Thanks in advance.