[Wine] Re: Wine, Wow Cata and D3D

mooreted wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 23 11:55:51 CST 2011

Well, I'm not a developer so I don't know the internals of it. Sounds like Wine uses D3D as a layer on top of OpenGL so it's not, and cannot run D3D directly so even though I thought I was running D3D I was really just running D3D as a layer on top of OpenGL.

That's all nice for learning more about how things work. Good for the gray cells, as they say. The real question was; is there a way to reduce the lag spikes in crowded areas so I can raid without booting to Windows?

The D3D part of the question was just for my own curiosity.