[Wine] Wine and sudo

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Sun Jan 23 23:02:09 CST 2011

"atohom" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> I think it is possible to make FAR understand unix specifics
> (it is distributed under BSD license and support plugins) ...

That sounds as if it is open source.  Maybe a Linux version already
exists?  If not, you could still try building it natively for Linux
-- much better than exposing your system to the dangers of running
something as complex (and buggy*) as wine with root permissions.

* Not complaining _at all_ -- the developers are doing a terrific
  job -- but we all know that there is a long way yet to go.