[Wine] Unable to run Dungeons And Dragons Online.

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 24 09:57:42 CST 2011

Jet8225 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Jan 24, 2011 8:48 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  Re: Unable to run Dungeons And Dragons Online.
>
>I downloaded the file ddostandard.exe from the website and ran it on a windows computer. That file downloads a folder with
>the files needed to install the game and the dndsetup.exe. I transfered that folder to my linux computer and ran
>dndsetup.exe. Hope this clarifies it.

Does this program write any registry changes when it is installed?  If so, then the entire setup needs to be either:
1.  Moved.  This can be done with regedit export/import.
2.  Completely installed on Wine.

However, it is my understanding that DDO will not properly install in this situation.  I'll have to grab the install file and try this on my system with a built-from-source version of Wine 1.3.12 (it is not available for the Mac yet and I do some minor development work.)

James McKenzie