[Wine] Runes of Magic ClientUpdate.exe crash???

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Jan 24 10:53:40 CST 2011

On 1/24/11 8:43 AM, James Mckenzie wrote:
> Charles Davis <cdavis at mymail.mines.edu> wrote:
>> But he's on a Mac. ncurses is installed by default. This is in fact the
>> ncurses that is installed in /usr/lib in 10.6.
>>
>> @Astrauk: That's not right. dyld should be looking in /usr/lib. Try
>> setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib, like so:
>>
>>  export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib
>>
>> and see if that fixes it. Somehow, I doubt it will, though.
>>
> Chip:
>
> He may also need a LD_LIBRARY_PATH statement (got to figure out why this is so on a Mac still):
Shouldn't be. The dynamic linker certainly doesn't care about it. (Look
at dyld(1) and search for LD_LIBRARY_PATH. It's not in there, but
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is.) The only place Wine ever cares on a Mac is when
we've entered the debugger.
> as well since Wine is basically a Linux application.
How many Linux-ported-to-Mac apps do you know that depend on
LD_LIBRARY_PATH? :)

Chip