[Wine] Re: Wine and sudo

atohom wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 24 12:41:47 CST 2011

Porting FAR will also not solve all problems, as most of its value for me is in plugins, and not all of them have source code available.
Plugins is also part of why I don't want to switch to another file manager, on Windows now I have 59 plugins installed, not all of them will be needed on Linux, but there is some which I will be missing and have to find replacements for.
For now I just created .wine_r directory as a root with symlinks to original files from .wine directory and launching wine as:

sudo WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine_r/ wineconsole --backend=user "c:\program files\far2\far.exe"

Seems to work fine, hope there will be more convenient way for this in the future.