[Wine] Re: SSE2 - Wine issue or not?

Saulevas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 26 04:15:19 CST 2011

I was using Wine 1.2.2. I guess it's the last stable version of Wine. However, odd thing happened right after my post - I couldn't get Wine to start at all [Shocked] I click on an any Wine App icon and I get no response... but wait, after some 3 minutes the application launches...  :? WTF? Honestly, it's not the first time I get Wine behaving like this on Linux Mint [Julia]. What I did previous times, I would uninstall Wine itself with anything associated with it, delete all Wine directories including installed Windows applications, then restart and install Wine again, install windows apps and so start from the beginning. Now, as dimesio  suggested I installed the latest version of Wine 1.3.12 hoping it would solve my delayed Wine startup together with that SSE2 issue, but it didn't. I don't want to completely remove Wine with everything included because it took some time to install all those Windows apps that I use, and is that worth it if Wine starts behaving like that again after some time... [Rolling Eyes]
Hmm... or should I start another post regarding slow Wine startup?   :)