[Wine] Re: Stumped with winetricks and source code

Polaris84 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 26 13:02:27 CST 2011

Yes, I do have XQuartz 2.6.0 installed.

Okay, I've install winetricks manually using this method:

> rename the file to just "winetricks" no upper case, no .txt no .sh or anything like that.
>
> open terminal.app
>
> type the following...
>

> Code:
>
> cd ~/Desktop
> chmod 755 winetricks
> sudo mv winetricks /opt/local/bin

Now when I enter winetricks into terminal I get

$ winetricks
'xterm-color': unknown terminal type.

** (zenity:24579): WARNING **: Could not load ui file /opt/local/share/zenity/zenity.ui: Failed to open file '/opt/local/share/zenity/zenity.ui': No such file or directory

right after which X11 creates a desktop then quickly terminates. Same behavior as entering any wine command into the terminal only with the WARNING.

As for upgrading, I'm out on the cash for Snow Leopard so it'll have to wait.

The error was printed when I was attempting to install winetricks through MacPorts. [/quote]