[Wine] wine + wow v4.0.3a

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Fri Jan 28 08:26:04 CST 2011

On 01/28/2011 05:48 AM, NeutronMAMA wrote:
> problem is the following. WOW starts and runs but the image setting minimum and do not vary in what could be the problem?

If you mean that the slider bar for the video settings it at the lowest
option (or close to it) then that is just the way it is, for a couple of
reasons. No matter how good your video card is, for now at least, you
are probably stuck with lowest or close to lowest graphics in WoW.
Blizzard ties some of the options for graphics to the reported memory on
your card and Wine doesn't report that number correctly. There are
instructions on the some of the related webpages (I don't remember if it
is the appdb or the wiki) to manually set the video memory to try and
fix this. I have never been able to get that to make a difference, but
that could be my hardware so it may be worth researching to see if it
helps you. Also, some of the new graphic features in WoW require a newer
version of directX than Wine is up to yet.