[Wine] Starcraft II install fails, no text

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 30 21:57:22 CST 2011

On 1/25/11 8:04 AM, vitamin wrote:
> Trade it in.
Or get another one.  Just make sure it does not have an Intel card
either....(their 3D support under Windows is poor at best.)
> ATI drivers were never good for as long as they've been around (both Windows and Linux). And the way things are going it won't change any time soon. Why people continue to by those cards knowing well and good they won't by usable I have no clue.
There was a presence by some of their driver developers in wine-devel.
Maybe if we keep on recommending a competitors product they will 'get a
clue' and decide to support Linux and improve their drivers to support
Wine.  Linux is fast becoming a desktop alternative outside of the
United States Government (and they are looking at using RHAS/RHEL for
mission critical applications.)

Come on, AMD/ATI show that you have the superior product to those that
use Linux!

James McKenzie