[Wine] Re: Run Command (or option) to disable Wine Title Bar

truell wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 31 14:03:10 CST 2011

doh123 wrote:

> truell wrote:
> > Please have a look at Winamp in Windows, you'll see that Winamp does not have a title bar there. The equalizer window which can be opened from Winamp does not have a title bar either.
>

> so wouldn't that be a deficiency in Wine...?  When you run an app on Windows that has no title bar, yet you run the same exact one on Wine and its stuck on there?  or did I miss what was going on?

Thank you, you got the point!  :D

That is my question: Winamp does not have a title bar while running in Windows. It should not get a title bar in Linux then, but for some reason it gets one. And so the question was: if for any reason Winamp wins a title bar, how can I disable that "feature".

Thank you.

To the person that asked me to use a different player: no, thanks. Winamp and the old XMMS are the applications that fit my needs best. They are simple, tiny, fast, powerful and are looking cool. What else do you want?! With Lucid Lynx you can only install XMMS2: but, no thanks! I don't need a client/server music player. And I love my old skins!

doh123 wrote:
> Does unchecking "Allow the window manager to decorate the windows" in winecfg do anything?

Well, you are right, this would fix the problem for Winamp. But then the question would be: how do I add the title bar to all the other Windows applications that I'm running simultaneously?

Kind regards,
Andreas