[Wine] Re: Aion 2.5.0.x on Sabayon 6

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 1 14:52:39 CDT 2011

That's good info, but I hope you didn't commit the cardinal sin of running something installed by Windows with WINE:

> I did not run the installer sorry but I'm not going to sit there for god knows how long to wait for Aion to install all it's patches in my case I just mount my Windows 7 Drive and run it from there.
>
> Better that way in my opinion anyway it's running from separate physical drive.

Remember that Windows filesytems like NTFS can't meet WINE's needs.
Also remember that Windows and WINE have separate registries (in fact, WINE and WINE can have separate registries if you use more than one WINE prefix) and niether WINE or Windows makes an effort to sync its registy with the other.
If you boot into Windows and run this program, it might save or edit a file to expect a certain registry key. Then when you try in WINE, it might be broke. And visa versa.

Cheers,
Jake[/b]