[Wine] Re: DVDSubEdit 1.51

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 2 00:58:43 CDT 2011

That WOULD be really cool to get that Windows program interfaced with native GIMP. That's the essence of WINE, isn't it? Getting Windows programs to run directly in the OS just like anything else, that is (and thus they can sometimes interact).

However, if need be, the OP COULD install GIMP for Windows into the same WINE prefix as DVDSubEdit in the meantime.

It would be much better to get it interfaced with the native one, though. That way GIMP isn't on your hard drive twice, and GIMP doesn't have to run through WINE.
I'm just offering a potential temporary solution for in the meantime as you all figure out how get it to interface with native GIMP. Then once you figure out how, you can remove Windows GIMP from WINE, and have DVDSubEdit use the native one.

Linux GIMP loads faster than Windows GIMP anyways.

I'm very glad I took the time to read this thread! I didn't know about these methods, and they might be helpful to me in the future.

Cheers,
Jake