[Wine] Re: Jade Dynasty: ERROR

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 2 01:24:27 CDT 2011

Ok, first, does the error keep you from being able to play the game, or can you just x it out and move on? If you can x it out and move on, none of what I have to say really applies.

If I remember right, sometimes when people patch a game to upgrade the game, they have to apply the patch in Windows and copy it over to have it work in WINE. Maybe that applies here.

One person said you might have to tweak the registry to get it to work. See the "Additional Comments": http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=21249&iTestingId=61097.

One person claims to have needed to play it in a virtual desktop to get it to work, but I think that was only one test result out of many that made that claim.

However, the AppDB says that patches were applying without a problem for Jade Dynasty in WINE. Those test results were with old versions of WINE. Perhaps there has been a regression.

Maybe some freak thing went awry with you. You can always save your stuff, nuke the prefix (where your virtual c drive folder is) and start over and see if that helps.

It would be interesting to know what version of Jade Dynasty you have and what version the patch you are trying to apply is supposed to get it to.

Cheers,
Jake