[Wine] Heads Up: gcc-4.6 -march=corei7 -mtune=corei7 doesn't work

3vi1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 2 10:36:08 CDT 2011

Noticed something I thought I would share so that others don't scratch their head wondering about it if they try the same.

I updated my system to Oneiric, and decided to recompile Wine.  I tried making use of the corei7 optimizations in gcc 4.6 and found that, while a lot of stuff worked (ex. Steam), other things (like DirectX games) did not.

So, as always... don't expect things to work when turning on optimizations.