[Wine] playonlinux - FARCRY2 glitch

Lord_Valarian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 2 15:01:20 CDT 2011

Hello. I installed Far Cry 2 + the patch. I have suse 11.4 + KDE.

The run button doesn't do anything. Right after I installed it, I use the autorun feature to get far cry running. After I reboot, I can't get the feature to work again. The start menu has far cry references, but they give file not found. The correct location: media\FARCRY2, it's set at media\cdrom.

I have to attemped a reinstall and correct the media name. Then run it from menu that pops up. I have to eject the cd rom and reinsert it to get it to see the dvd rom.
install->dvd version->insert far cry disk->cd rom mounted->other->FARCRY2 then cancel then try autorun again and follow the prompts.

This takes about 5-25 times to get the game to run. All menus say file not found even when it's fully installed. :p

After using play in linux APP. How do manually run it in wine?

Need help. Thanks.