[Wine] Re: How to recompile Wine on ARM

Fiusso wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 3 02:24:43 CDT 2011

One more thing I want to say. There is a component of qemu, which name is TCG, and it is able, for example, to translate x86 assembly instructions into ARM ones at runtime. Currently, TCG is far from being ready to use it in Wine, lacking performance optimizations.
Also, you may chance upon the TCG Interpreter (TCI) - this is not what Wine needs. As far as I got, it is just a mechanism implemented on the top of the original TCG to run bytecode in VM's and is much slower.
Useful links:
http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/lxr/source/tcg/?v=qemu-kvm-0.12.3
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2010-12/msg01337.html
http://vm-kernel.org/blog/2009/07/08/qemu-internal-part-1-the-code-path-of-memory-load-emulation/