[Wine] Educational App Problem (4nec2x): Fail When 3d Window Closed

motsteve wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 3 06:22:42 CDT 2011

I've looked at the faq page, searched through the forum (users), looked around appdb and did a tenative look in the bugzilla and can't seem to find my problem so here goes:

When using my antenna analysis app, 4nec2x (free and easy to find), Wine performs like a champ in all respects save one.  If I open the 3d window (by pushing F9), the performance is as is to be expected unless you close the 3d window before closing the rest of the session.  You get the following error:

ResizeWindowed--DX-error -2147467259:E_FAIL  and a stop statement afterwards in a separate window.

This does not occur if running Windoz 7 or XP Pro.  It has done it for all versions of Wine up to my now 1.3.23.  It has done it on Mint 10, Mint 11, OpenSuse 11.3, Ubuntu 10.04, and Ubuntu 11.04.  My NVidia drivers are latest and greatest and the BIOS is up to date.

The last window in the error messages, does say that if it works in Windoz then put in a bugzilla report to winehq.  I'm pretty good about troubleshooting, but all I can tell with this error message is it looks like it may be a DirectX problem and I know diddle about this.  I'm a real wimp when it comes to submitting bugs because in the past I've been flammed like crazy in the other bugzilla pages for not doing a complete and thorough scouring of the database.  Guess what else I'm not good at?  [Shocked]