[Wine] [Linux Mint 11 / Wine 1.3.15] Nvidia screen refresh problem

rlindau wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 4 20:28:46 CDT 2011

I run a couple Windows apps (Quicken 2007, Solitaire Plus) under wine.

I've noted a screen refresh problem with both apps on various releases of Linux Mint (or Ubuntu) and wine.  Can anyone suggest how I can eliminate the following problem.

What happens:  When I use the open-source graphics card driver, the apps work fine.  But when I use the proprietary Nvidia drivers.... (1) Solitaire Plus often shows moved cards in both their old and new positions (i.e., the card in the "move-from" location doesn't disappear); and (2) Quicken often does not close menu pull-downs once I've made a selection (e.g., payee), but rather continues to show a partial image of the pull-down (which eventually goes away, like when I save a transaction).  I presume both to be symptoms of the same problem.

I have observed the same problem with two different Nvidia cards (GeForce 9500 and GeForce 460), different versions of the Nvidia proprietary driver, different versions of Mint (9, 10, 11), and various versions of wine.

Thanks in advance for any help.  Regards, RL