[Wine] Antivirus for Mac Wine?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:13:40 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:27 AM, SpawnHappyJake
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I'll admit I'm not answering the initial question, but it's quite related to this thread.

There is an answer on the Wine FAQ.  Wine can and does run Windows
virus malware.  Some of it is pretty nasty and the situation gets
worse if you are running Wine as a privileged user (for MacOSX this
can mean a system administrator.)

For AV software for the Mac, I would use the same thing I use for
Linux, Clam Antivirus (CLAMAV.)  There is a gui frontend for Macs and
it is kept up-to-date.

There are threads on this topic that run at length here in the forums.
 They might make good reading.

James