[Wine] Re: Unity web player

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 8 15:20:32 CDT 2011

Just do a "wine --version" at terminal to find your WINE version.
Do you have Gecko installed into WINE?
I personally don't know how to do anything with Unity Player, but I see from the website that it is compatible with more browsers than just FireFox. So I thought maybe you'd have better luck with another browser for Windows supported by Unity, in WINE.
Gecko has something to do with WINE and web browsers. So maybe it's needed for this. That's why I'm asking if it is installed into WINE.

Is there a Unity Player that works all by itself without a web browser _and_ Unity Players that are plugins for browsers, or only one or the other? Or is it installed and seen by web browsers and the web browsers just use it?

Cheers,
Jake