[Wine] Steam loading my profile and dying

sitek8 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 9 00:05:08 CDT 2011

Hello,

Ubuntu newb here. I loaded some games onto my laptop that has a fresh copy of Ubuntu 11.04 and they worked flawlessly with wine. I am now trying to get steam to work. I downloaded it through their website and opened the file through wine/winetricks and it will update and log in to my account, but once it logs in it just closes. No ghost window, update tab or anything. I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times and I don't know exactly what is going on with it. I have the beta version of wine if that makes a difference. I could always try the "stable" version. Any help would be great : )