[Wine] Re: Slitaz OS. Use Wine with Amazon KindlePC

nachanon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 10 02:28:44 CDT 2011

It's likely that I didn't get much clue from the question,
so, I'm going to give you an very general instruction.

Okay, Did you managed to get Kindle installed already?

If so, running it from the command line might gives more clues about it.
Open the Terminal program.

Then go to the directory that you installed Kindle, with

Code:
cd "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/AmazonXXX/XX"

where Program Files/AmazonXXX/XX is the directory you installed Kindle
(which that would be C:\Program Files\AmazonXXX\XX on Windows)

then, use
Code:
ls

 command to show files in that directory
find one that might be the Kindle program (one that ends with ".exe")
then use this command

Code:
wine kindleprogram.exe

where "kindleprogram.exe" is the .exe program that you found in the directory.
And then, see what happens...

Also, I should ask you another question, which wine version do you have?

But, if you didn't get kindle installed in the first place, this might be another story.