[Wine] Aion/WoW Help ubuntu 10.04

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Sun Jul 10 08:24:27 CDT 2011

On 07/09/2011 07:53 PM, arksun wrote:
> OK i am quite new to ubuntu 10.04 and wine 1.2.3

Hmm, I remember something a while ago about Ubuntu packages following
their own numbering scheme so it was hard for users to be sure what Wine
version they had. If your wine 1.2.3 is Ubuntu numbering for Wine 1.3.23
or higher you are okay, if that really is Wine version 1.2.3 then you
are missing out on many patches and fixes that have been added since
then. I think in Ubuntu you can check your Wine version through clicking
Applications -> Wine -> Configure Wine and then clicking on the 'About'
tab in the window that opens (long time since I used Ubuntu so no
promises that's correct). You can also open that same window by using a
terminal and typing winecfg then hitting enter.