[Wine] Team Fortress and steam friends list

SiegeMachine wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 10 12:59:18 CDT 2011

I haven't been able to find a way yet, but is it possible to somehow have steam run not in a virtual desktop or at least a seperate virtual desktop than team fortress 2? If I could alt tab or switch desktop spaces and be able to access steam from my taskbar so I can talk to my friends in the game (since in-game overlay doesn't work) Or join them using the steam friends options without having to close the game everytime would be amazing.  I've tried settings the virtual desktop to run on hl2.exe and steam.exe doesn't.  This makes steam start up how I would like it running from my taskbar so I can access it via the icon no matter what desktop I am on.  Then team fortress 2 starts but its full screen and if I try to alt tab or change desktops the game freezes and I have to kill it.  Does anyone know a way around this? Thanks!