[Wine] OpenGL issue on games - Ati 5650 on ubuntu 10.10 64bit

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 21:38:47 CDT 2011

On 7/10/11 7:15 PM, jamesensor wrote:
> Update:
>
> Reinstalling the driver made the difference. It works perfectly now.
>
> However, it is worth mentioning that maybe ubuntu's updates mess up the driver's installation because I ran it and ended exactly as the present driver installation (no errors whatsoever), so, something got screwed. Anyway, thank you and i hope this topic help others.

The default for most Linux distributions is to install packages that
match the current processing environment.  You are running a 64 bit
processor, so those were the packages installed.  You have to ask for
the 32 bit video drivers to be installed for Wine.  It would be nice for
the package installer for the 32 bit Wine packages to have a check for
the 32 bit video driver package so that it would be installed at the
same time if you install the 32 bit package.

James