[Wine] Sims 3 help

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Jul 11 16:42:16 CDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 16:19 -0500, lixn wrote:
> Martin, I tried your way, but the game didnt start, and i got this message from the terminal:
> "wine: Install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables"

My suggestion did what it was meant to do - let you see why the program
wouldn't run. This is usual - run a program by clicking an icon and any
error messages it spits out are lost. You have to run it in a terminal
to see those.

Bottom line: learn enough about the command line to run programs in a
terminal session. This way, the first time you run a new program under
Wine you can do it from a terminal session and see immediately what
problems it has.

Martin

PS: Mono is an open source .NET implementation for Linux.