[Wine] Old Sticky still valid regarding Pulseaudio in Ubuntu?

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Jul 12 08:09:53 CDT 2011

On 07/12/2011 08:40 AM, emarkay wrote:
> http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=1457
>
> I recall opening a can of major worms trying to remove PA during Lucid beta testing a few years ago.
>
> With 10.04.02 (LTS) and newer supported Ubunbtu versions, is this still 100% accurate and necessary in wine 1.3  - even when using PPA version

I would say it is still valid for people having sound issues. My system
currently has pulseaudio set up (was testing something non-wine through
it) and it is not causing any problems with my sound in Wine so I left
it. However, the sticky is, to me, still the best advise for someone
whose sound is not working. If my sound were to stop working reliably
then removing pulseaudio would still be my first step.