[Wine] Re: Pegasus Mail - runs slow - tuning wine?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 12 10:11:11 CDT 2011

Ace... wrote:
> PMail 4.6 does function okay, but slowly.
> it's most apparent when looking at a "lazy html" auto sent message.
> the icon buttons all seem to re-set themselves in sequence, not dissimilar to my old pc with the winxp desktop items gradually appearing, due to lack of mem.
>
> The pc is 64bit AMD C-50 3Gb ddr3
> PM flies along in win7, but not in ubuntu 64bit 11.04, wine 1.2.3-0ubuntu1~ppa1 (wine1.2) (winxp)

I downloaded the current version of Pegasus (4.61), and I'm not seeing any such problem here in 1.3.24.

My first suggestion would be to upgrade both Wine and Pegasus. The release notes for 4.61 mention a new HTML renderer and updated interface, so the problem you're seeing could well be a bug in Pegasus that has been fixed.