[Wine] Pegasus Mail - runs slow - tuning wine?

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Jul 12 12:16:54 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 11:24 -0500, Ace... wrote:
> thiing is that i have 12 years work in PM files.
> Sure, as long as it works, i can load it up and copy paste email
> addresses, if evolution turns out to be a good package.

If Pegasus can export mail in mbox format and addresses in vCard, LDAP
or possibly csv format, then you should be able to get them into
Evolution.

Or you could use a separate mail archiving system. I'd suggest mine, but
its really meant to hang off the back of a mailserver, e.g. Postfix,
which may be more complexity that you'd want. However there are
benefits: I can find all mail containing an address, a subject phrase
or body phrase or any combination thereof and sent within a given year
in around 15 seconds. There are currently 112,000 messages in my
archive.....

Martin