[Wine] Re: Pegasus Mail - runs slow - tuning wine?

Ace... wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 12 14:05:13 CDT 2011

Very little time.... missus just bak from Paris.....

@ martin ....... wow!
Sounds pretty good

@ Dimesio ....... believe me (done a lot of work on this).... ie renderer can not work cos wine doesn't have ieXPLORER.

in wine, PM MUST rely on bear html..... it is an absolute fact (cos renderer was made to work with IE.

The swap of the dll was purely to get the latest version, but this had no bearing on the underlying speed of PM under wine.

I think it must be down to the wine version, cos I've installed and re-installed umpteen times, in as many configs as you can imagine.

i think the key must be that you ran PM easily & quickly under wine 1.3
Until i've tried that.... further discussion is difficult (cos yours worked brill and mine didn't).

What i need to know is the procedure for over-installing 1.3
After that, we can talk, cos i'll be replicating your situation.

gotta go guys.