[Wine] playonlinux - FARCRY2 glitch

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 15:47:55 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Lord_Valarian
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> SpawnHappyJake wrote:
>> Let's make this easy. Forget about PlayOnLinx. Make sure your WINE is either the latest or one behind by going to
>> terminal and doing "wine --version" and update it if necessary.
>> Just make a launcher or a bash script on your desktop to run the game executable located within the program files folder
>> in the prefix rather than relying on autorun.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jake
>

> OK, so I think I found the right place play on linux put them. The saved files are in media/farcry2/
>
> version:   wine-1.3.12
>
> /.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/FarCry2/drive_c/Program Files/Ubisoft/Far Cry 2/bin>
>
> What line to use?  Play on linux never created a shortcut.
>
> WINEPREFIX=[prefix path] wine1.3.22 [path to executable]

Try this:

[code]
which wine
[/code]

Should return /usr/bin/wine

[code]
cd /usr/bin
ls -l wine
[/code]

Should return that the file is an executable

-rwxr-xr-x root <something> <file size> wine

[code]

cd '/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/FarCry2/drive_c/Program Files/Ubisoft/Far
Cry 2/bin'
wine <name of Far Cry 2 executable>

[/code]

That should start Far Cry 2.