[Wine] Victoria 2 does not display text correctly

Michelj wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 12 19:48:04 CDT 2011

Hi, since Wine 1.3.22, text boxes in Victoria 2 display random letters rather than the actual text ie. instead of "New Game" it displays "f".

This makes playing the game almost impossible since it heavily relies on text information and decisions taken, which are now incomprehensible.

I was hoping that someone could help me with this if it's a common issue with other games, or how to debug and file a bug report for this since I have no idea how to do that.

Thanks