[Wine] playonlinux - FARCRY2 glitch

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 22:49:01 CDT 2011

On 7/12/11 2:51 PM, Lord_Valarian wrote:
> That gives directory not found. If I change to '/home/[username]]', it
> still says directory not found..
This appears to be a distribution related problem.  Not all Linux/UNIX
releases place user files in a specific directory under the /home directory.

> Code:
> cd '/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/FarCry2/drive_c/Program Files/Ubisoft/Far
> Cry 2/bin'

Does this work?
>> dir
> doesn't list the hidden files.

The DOS based dir<ectory> command as it was ported to Linux does not do
this.  You will need to use the UNIX ls (list) command with the -a (all)
option to see hidden (.<something>) files.  As a warning this also lists
the current (.) and parent (..) directory information as well if you use
the -al (all long) option.

The program executable should be listed just using the dir or ls command
as <something>.exe

James