[Wine] Amazon AWS EC2, Ubuntu, Wine and a 3D App on remote desktop

cgltower wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 14 05:34:42 CDT 2011

I know what you're thinking - why?!?

Im not going to go into detail, but in short why not! :D

I have an industry app which I wont name yet, but is a relatively standard CAD-like 3D windows application.  Im using x2go based on Nomachine/NX libraries for remote X desktop to Ubuntu.   My 3D application tests for opengl or directx when it starts.   At the moment when run with wine the application fails both and exits. Here is the output:

Code:

(program dir)$: wine program_name.exe
err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo The Mesa OpenGL driver is using software rendering, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctlyerr:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo The Mesa OpenGL driver is using software rendering, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly
fixme:d3d_caps:wined3d_guess_card_vendor Received unrecognized GL_VENDOR "XXXXXX". Returning HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA.
fixme:d3d_caps:select_card_nvidia_mesa Card selection not handled for Mesa Nouveau driver
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32dd14,0x00000000), stub!
err:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:d3d9:Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 stub
err:d3d_surface:surface_load_ds_location >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glGenRenderbuffersEXT @ surface.c / 4039

Could someone point me the way to go to continue solving this? thank you!

Details

OS: Ubuntu 10.10
wine ver: 1.2.2
winetricks: visual C++ 2005 package installed for mfc80.dll
glxinfo: OpenGL version 2.1 Mesa 7.9-devel

Amazon details

AMI: ami-66ff8134
type: micro (613MB RAM, up to 2 ECUs (cores))
[/list]