[Wine] Installing Wine on a MacBook?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:38:11 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Jonzjob <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I have only just found out about Wine and I an trying to instal it on my MacBook Pro 13 running OX10.6. When I get to the
> download page and hit the download button I'm taken to a screen with numerous choices, but I can't find anything that
> mentions OX10?

Because there are no 'official' MacOSX builds.

If you want the easy way to build and assemble a Wine build for
MacOSX, Google osxwinebuilder (plug for Ryan).  This is a project that
retrieves and builds all of the dependencies (and then some) and then
builds Wine.  You must do this as a System Administrator.

If you do not want to build Wine yourself, look for WineSkin.

Both of these products were created by and maintained by Wine users.

James