[Wine] Re: Installing Wine on a MacBook?

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 15 11:21:55 CDT 2011

Wine on Mac OS X right now is compile yourself and run all command line.

You can do that yourself from source using the osxwinebuilder script, or using a tool like Macports or Fink which have Wine available.

There are several 3rd party tools available that use Wine as well... that take away the need to compile anything, or use the command line.
http://wiki.winehq.org/ThirdPartyApplications

Crossover (http://www.codeweavers.com/products/) is probably the overall best 'not-free' way that is (relatively) easy to use.  They do have a free trial, and they also employee many people who work on Wine making it better for everyone.

Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/) is my own creation... I try to make it simple, and its geared toward actually turning a Windows app into a Mac OS X app, fully self contained and portable from computer to computer.