[Wine] Old game and CD support

Rémi Barthoumieux barthoumieux.remi at orange.fr
Sat Jul 16 03:16:29 CDT 2011

Hello

Sorry i’m a newbie in the wine world, I recently change my OS for Linux , I
would like tot test some old game with wine (abandonware), and i Have the
classical problem : the install works perfectlys but there is a problem with
the CD detection. I’m maybe an idiot but  i tried with the wine option (i
choose the repertory nd the i launch
) i tried with acetone iso/ furius ISO
and after that with other program like piwer iso, ultra iso (with wine),
nothing works. I don(t think they use CD protection in 1995 nor 1997
.

So IS there an Add-on or way to say to wine simply : read that iso, not an
other / in place of a repertory system wich doesn’t work (I tried also to
extract the iso on a repertory selected with wine as a CD rOM
)

The mounted iso or Bin will be shown as a linux CD-ROM. To explore it and
install the game (via setup.exe)

Is there a project to make wine have his own ISO /bin mounting module ? by
recycling other GNU code ?