[Wine] Re: Old game and CD support

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 16 13:14:08 CDT 2011

Rémi Barthoumieux wrote:
>  I tried by the command way but, it's not my cup of tea..

Maybe not, but in order to troubleshoot a problem we generally need console output.

> I tried to use isos from an abandonware website... They are not corrupted on
> windows...

Have you tried burning the iso to a cd and running it from there? Wine does not do cd emulation, nor does AcetoneISO, so if the game is designed to communicate with a real optical drive it will fail. There's a more detailed explanation of why in another thread: http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=12746.