[Wine] Re: UNZ FM TOWNS Emulator not reading discs

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 16 13:57:12 CDT 2011

That's interesting that PowerISO answers some hardware requests.
However, it still doesn't emulate hardware. What I mean by this is that if you open Device Manager, WMIC, or anything that shows a list of hardware, PowerISO's drive does not show up, so hardware isn't emulated, even if some hardware requests are satisfied.

That CDEmu can't be compiled from source was a joke backed up by some truth. If you want to know what I mean, make a virtual machine, install Linux in the virtual machine, and try to install CDEmu from source in the virtual machine. I tried on my real machine and it wouldn't boot into Linux the next boot. You have to compile dependencies for dependencies. I think you might even have to compile dependencies for dependencies for dependencies. It's a branching effect, not a simple chain, because each dependency that has to be compiled has more than one dependency (at least some do)
How the ppa for CDemu for Ubuntu was made, I don't know. I almost wonder if they had to edit the source code. It _seems_ as if it just magically appeared on someone's hard drive one day.

My other joke is that CDEmu is not compiled from source, it's compiled from sourcery.
Cheers,
Jake