[Wine] Problems installing wine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 21:18:52 CDT 2011

On 7/16/11 7:01 PM, H74Z wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Macbook and I installed Wine about two months ago and it was working however it was not working perfectly so I decided that I would try to reinstall it, I realized to late that I could have just updated it.  So anyway I deleted "Program Files, windows and C:" in the windows explorer.exe X Windows system,  I then deleted Macports  ($ sudo rm -rf /opt ~/.wine /Applications/MacPorts) and Wine.  Then I reinstalled Macport and used that to reinstall Wine.  It went through the installation for about 45minutes and was done, but when I entered "cd ~/.wine/drive_c" It told me that 'there is no such directory'  How can I fixed this?
This directory is not created until you run one of the wine utilities
(winecfg is one) or you attempt to run either a Windows program or
installer.

There is no need to delete the $HOME/.wine (also called ~/.wine)
directory if you want to either upgrade or re-install Wine.

Can you provide further information on the difficulties you encounter
when you use Wine on your Mac.  I am a fellow Mac user and there are
several of us 'volunteers' that can help.

James