[Wine] Re: The Witcher

jjmckenzie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 16 21:50:27 CDT 2011

totry wrote:
> does it resovle probleme?

According to DanKegel's entry, the health not appearing is not fixed with the latest development version and this has an open bug report.

> what i need,and i will need help with this because it's my first time with that,thank.

Ok, I have referred to the FAQ many times, and I think I did so here, but what the project needs:
A bug report by either DL or you, but not both.  Since you seem to be very interested in getting this fixed, it would be best that you file the report.
With this bug report, it would be very good if you ATTACH a bug log showing what happens when a game is saved and the save works and then another report where the save function does NOT work.  This should help greatly in troubleshooting the Wine code base for where the problem is and it may help the Wine developers determine if a work around is possible.
However, the first thing you need to do is get a more current version of Wine installed, preferably 1.3.24 (and I'm certain this exists for Ubuntu 11.04).  Please check the Wine Downloads page for the latest development version for Ubuntu.