[Wine] Buildung Wine on OS X

Sheva wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 17 12:54:04 CDT 2011

Hi folks out there,
I'm new to this project but very keen on more information. The reason I want to have Wine, is because I want to get "Klingon Academy" on OS X. On every Windows Revision above Win 98 the game fails, so I thought: "Why not do it the other way around and try Wine?"

So, here I am. And after the first look into the Wiki page, I was VERY confused on how I should do it. I've build a few programs up until now, but this help just confuses me.

I've grabbed the source code and installed xquartz new, those point were clear. But the rest...

When I want to build wine from scratch, I need Fink. Okay, after a while, I have installed Fink and I sit there and ask myself:
- Which libs do I exactly need
- How do I get them to be acknowledged when building wine
- What other things do I have to look for, before/after building

Is there a tutorial or can somebody help me a little out?

Specs:
OS X 10.6.8
I have a 32 bit CPU, 2 GB of RAM and an ATI X1600.

Thanks in advance,
Sheva