[Wine] Buildung Wine on OS X

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Mon Jul 18 09:01:37 CDT 2011

"Sheva" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> ... I want to get "Klingon Academy" on OS X. On every Windows
> Revision above Win 98 the game fails, so I thought: "Why not
> do it the other way around and try Wine?"
> I have a 32 bit CPU, 2 GB of RAM and an ATI X1600.

Be aware that, in general, ATI cards tend not to work as well with
Wine as Nvidia, due to driver issues (although this may be less of
a problem on OS X than on Linux).  The worst problems are with 3D
support, which probably won't be a factor in a game old enough to
require Win 98; OTOH needing an "old" Windows version suggests it
may be a 16-bit program and many of those don't work all that well
in Wine regardless of which video card you have.