[Wine] Wine on Mac and Photoscape

Eegabooga wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 18 09:23:52 CDT 2011

I installed Wine on my Mac solely to use Photoscape.  I loaded in a picture in and edited it with no problems but when I went to save I got this error:
[Image: http://i.imgur.com/e6NFK.png ]

I tried changing the permissions of the photo but still got the same error.  I then went to .wine and changed the permissions to 777 recursively but I am still getting the error.

I don't think running it as root would fix the problem and it's probably not too safe.  I read somewhere that running things as root messes up the .wine directory's permissions as well so I'm not going to go there.

However, I am still stumped and would like some guidance on what I should do next.  All help is greatly appreciated![/code]